Sold By Quote
The Carlson Scan2K bridges the gap between small, light-weight, short-range sensors and large, long-range, pulsed time-of-flight scanners. Built with surveyors in mind, the Carlson Scan2K has a user-friendly on-board operator interface with menu-driven operations for quickly collecting and referencing data.
With an integrated high-resolution camera, inclinometers, a compass, a L1 GNSS receiver, and weather-proof housing, the Scan2K can be deployed in many environments and orientations. Whether on a tripod, vehicle, or moving platform, the outstanding performance of the Scan2K makes it the most versatile terrestrial laser scanner on the market.
• Scanning range up to 2000m
• Data collection rates up to 500,000 points per second
• Hot-Swap Lithium-Ion Batteries
• Sunlight-visible color touch screen interface
• On-board L1 GNSS receiver
• On-board digital cameras
• Optional external camera and external GNSS mount
• Configurable for tripod or mobile deployment
ONE SCANNER TO RULE THEM ALL
Beyond its impressive 2,000 meter range, the Scan2K also has short- and medium-range modes, as well as the capability to record over 500,000 points per second, all within the chosen scanning target window. Additionally, each laser pulse from the Scan2K records up to four returns, providing the capability to record the first return for a blocking object (such as a leaf) as well as the last return for an object behind it (such as a wall), and the versatility to exclude one or the other.
The Carlson Scan2K comes bundled with ATLAScan software, a powerful yet simple solution for registering the point cloud, as well as Carlson Point Cloud Advanced for feature extraction into Carlson’s suite of CAD office products.
The Scan2K comes ready to be equipped with an additional external camera, an external GNSS receiver, or for mobile operation.
Whether on a tripod, a vehicle, or another moving platform, the outstanding performance offered by the Scan2K easily makes it the most versatile terrestrial laser scanner on the market.
Range: Short, Medium, & Long
• Max range capability @90% reflectivity:
250m, 750m, & 2000m
• Max range capability @20% reflectivity:
125m, 400m, & 976m
• Laser repetition rate (peak and effective):
500kHz, 200kHz, & 50kHz
• Range measurement principle: Pulsed
• Wavelength: 1550 nm (near infrared)
• Laser safety classification: 12
• Sample collection rate: Up to 2 MHz9
• Intensity recording: 12 bits
• Minimum range: 1.5 m
• Waveform digitizing technology (WFD): Yes
• Number of returns recorded: Up to 4 (first 2 and last 2)
• Angular measurement resolution: up to 12 μrad
• Max sample density [point to point spacing]: 2 mm @ 100 m
Accuracy and Repeatability
• Range accuracy (1 sigma): 5 mm @ 100 m
• Range resolution: 2 mm7
• Precision, single shot (1 sigma): 4 mm @ 100 m
• Angular accuracy: 80 μrad
ADDITIONAL SENSORS & FEATURES
• Dual-axis inclinometer (accuracy) Up to 0.01°
• GNSS receiver L1 GPS + GLONASS
• External GNSS support: Yes, incl. antenna mount
• Compass Digital
• Registration/orientation method GNSS and compass, backsighting, resection
• On-board registration data: Yes4
• On-board target acquisition RetroID: Yes
• Pause while scanning: Yes
• Multiple scan area selection Yes, multiple ROIs3
• On-board planning mode: Yes
• Mobile operation: Yes
• Internal cameras: Yes
• Internal camera resolution: 80-Mpix panoramic image
• Export format of internal camera: JPEG
• External camera DSLR: Yes with auto trigger
• White-balancing DSLR: Yes
• Export format of ext. camera: JPEG, NEF
• Power supply input voltage: 9 to 32-V DC
• Battery type: Internal, hot swappable Li-Ion batteries
• Battery power: 2.5 hours
• Power consumption: 60 W
• Operating temperature (min.)8: -20°C (-4°F)
• Operating temperature (max.): +50°C (122°F)
• Storage temperature: -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to +176°F)
• Max. field of view (vertical): 120° (-45 to +70°)
• Max. field of view (horizontal): 360°
• Min. angular step size (vertical): 12 μrad
• Min. angular step size (horizontal): 20 μrad
• Data storage capacity 250 GB internal SSD
• Communications / Data Transfer
• Wireless LAN Yes
• USB connector Yes
• Ethernet port Yes
• Communications/data transfer 100 Mbps Ethernet, WLAN, USB
• On-board display Touchscreen control, sunlight visible, 640×480, color
• External user interfaces: Tablet & PC
• ATLAScan Software
• Remote scanner control: Yes
• Geo-referencing: Automatic
• Target-free automatic alignment: Yes5
• Feature / primitive extraction: Yes
• Terrain mesh: Yes
• 3D meshing: Yes
• Measurements and calculations: Yes
• Monitoring: Yes
• Automatic line features extraction: Yes6
• Vegetation removal: Yes
• Height: 323 mm (12.7”)
• Width: 217 mm (8.5”)
• Total weight: 11.2 kg (24.6 lbs.)
1) Max range tested on flat targets, larger than the laser beam diameter, perpendicular angle of incidence and STD Clear visibility (23 km).
2) Complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11 except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated June 24, 2007.
3) Definition of multiple ROIs in a single scan is possible using ATLAScan Control module
4) Using the on-board georeferencing functionality
5) Successful pre-registration depends on the object geometry, scanning resolution and overlap (min. 20%) between different scanning positions.
6) Automatic line extraction for break lines of a mesh (e.g. crests and toes of a terrain mesh).
7) Minimum distance that the Polaris is able to separate two range measurements on objects in a similar bearing.
8) Normal operation to -10°C, extended cold temperature operation to -20°C with Optech Cold Weather package.
9) With the sensor capturing up to 4 returns, at up to 500 kHz pulse repetition frequency.